Saturday, February 9, 2013

Stolen moments
















Available for sale.

(30 inches x 20 inches; mixed media on canvas)


Once upon a time…….
There was a bird that loved to fly………
Across the sea…into the sky……..
Feel the wind…face the storm
Just ….just hoping to die…..

Once upon a time………
There was a bird that loved to fly……
From mountains of heaven to the valley of sin…..
A desire to die that came from within………..
……………………………..
……….From the dungeons of desire….to the womb of lust……
With a futile hope of quenching its thirst…….
The thirst to die……

Futile it was….to search for heaven in hell…..
To seek love in voidness… and solace in pain…..

And then came an angel….
With a glimpse of hope in a life of darkness…..
A breath of fresh air …….
For a soul that lived in voidness….

She comes with a smile full of promise….
Taking the birds heart away……
She opens  her arms and gives the lost bird some warmth…..
Heals his cuts and bruises…..

Yes …oh yes…….
Love can be a miracle……..
But life alas…..is never a fairy tale…..
The lost bird was now lost in love……
Once an eagle… ….now a tender dove.

And now the dove ………….
wanted to be caged….
Within her heart and
….every breathe that she takes…..

But life is cruel…
And the birds past came haunting by…..
The angel was now reluctant…
To save the soul that she …helped resurrected.

The bird fluttered its wings and cried in pain….
Bowed his head down for……but in vain.
The angel closed her eyes and turned her face away…..
The little bird now withered alone….

The bird that wanted to build a nest…
Now gasped for breathe… as there was a strange pain his chest.

Bewildered…. Derailed…. The bird wandered……
What am I?
What am I?
What…. What am I?

A devil from the past…?
Whose sins will not be forgiven until he dies at last?
Am I just a dirty dove…..
Not worthy of an iota of her love?

Those moments with her….
Was it all stolen…..?
Is it then true……. That promises are made…
Just to be broken…….?

The bird with broken wings…..
The bird with shattered dreams…..
Bleeding…. And quivering in pain….
Waiting for his angel to return…………………….
…………. Sings a song that he wrote for her………
…..
” You are my lock……….
   You are my key……….
   You are my sky………
   You are my sea………
   You are my soul…..
   You are my life…….
    Love I will……………..
…Untill I die”.

--Asif

No comments: